Sorry, this entry is only available in German.
J1939 Safety is an extension of J1939 which is described in the specification SAE J1939-76. The safety communication can be done in parallel to a normal J1939 transmission in the same network.
BAM: J1939 Broadcast Announce Message
- Transmission of 9 up to 1785 bytes
- Broadcast(0xff) to all ECUs in the network
- no flow control/no hand shake
- at least 50ms gaps between the CAN messages
- PGN of BAM Connection Message: 0xEC00 / 60416
- PGN of BAM Data Message: 0xEB00 / 60160
The German article provides more detailed information about it.